This post is insipred by Darren’s Group Writing Project,
actually I want that Nintendo Wii!!
Ok, here I am. And I’m a Video Games Blogger. Not an interesting opening but which video games blogger will take his or her time to reveal or blog something that has a certain level of intimacy? To share with you his half-private thoughts? To give you some advice? No one except me comes to my mind.
Anyway, I blog for The Ironic Gamer, Play Gadgets and Play Designs. All three blogs are on video games…So do I have a life then? Am I a video games nerd? Read on (if you are really interested if I’m a nerd, psycho, whatever)…
1) I got into b5media this year! and it’s the only New Year resolution that was realized (the other 19 didn’t quite make it).
2) My Video Games Post of the Year Award goes to this $2.32 Million of Black Nintendo DS Lite Gone Missing post in Play Gadgets. This one post has been linked, trackbacked or cited by Joystiq, Engadget, Kotaku, Wiki, Digg and many, many other gaming and non-gaming websites. (I thought I’ve reached my career high then, lol).
3) You will be surprised that I don’t own an Xbox 360, PS3 or the Wii. I can spend hours standing and playing on the latest games that are offered by the Xbox 360 kiosks in the stores. In one occasion, I was threatened by a
gangster guy (didn’t really mean to hog the game for 3 hours).
4) I do own a sky blue Nintendo DS Lite and during breaks in-between video games activities, I play with My Melody toys and collectibles (I won’t showcase my *Precious* here).
5) I’ve got 14 years of video gaming experience (started when I inserted my 1st token). Arcade and Super Nintendo change my life. And yes, worked as an arcade manager before (I missed those days when I just played any game for FREE).
6) Oh, I almost forgot that I need to dish out some advice. I’m serious here…Don’t ever see your life as just video gaming or blogging or work. Be sensitive to the people around you, especially your family and friends. You can forget the above points but remember this point.
7) Last but not least, I want to thank Ingrid who has given me the opportunity to blog in a topic I really love. I want to hug you. *mushy*
From Me, Patrick, A
Self-Confessed Selfless Video Games Blogger.