I was looking for a random package to try out and because I was curious if there was a Flickr uploading tool in the repositories, I just had to search for one. It’s a Gnome-based app so it looks so nice with my Ubuntu desktop. :) The maintainer of this useful package is Robert Burton.
What’s with Postr?
It’s an app which has the main purpose of posting images into Flickr. It’s not like the other Flickr clients which allow you to manage your sets and tags after you’ve posted them already. This app makes it possible for you to upload images, tag them and add description to them.
Things I like about Postr:
- It’s simple. No other funky stuff. If I simply want to post my images, which is what I like doing most of the time anyway, this is the app!
- You could click and drag from Nautilus to Postr. :D Hehe. Lovely. ♥
- I could easily select and deselect images. Nifty when I change my mind about uploading a photo.
Things that could be better:
- A tagging interface especially if the images will be given the same tags, more or less.
- Multiple-image editing user interface. Maybe it would be nice to have multiple images to be uploaded with similar tags or added to the same set at one-go.
Here are some screenshots:
Edit: Sorry I forgot to post these earlier!