They have iPhone apps available for just about everything out there. Lately, I have seen quite a few good apps related to fitness. If you want to use your iPhone as a full-fledged GPS personal trainer, there’s an app for that. It’s called AllSport GPS by Trimble Outdoors, and it’s available now for the iPhone 3G.
The application complements a variety of outdoor activities, including walking, running, hiking, cycling, mountain biking and snowboarding.
After downloading AllSport GPS, you can:
- Begin a new fitness routine or maintain your existing workout plan
- Track exercise activity by monitoring time, speed, calories burned, and distance traveled during outdoor workouts
- Download map images and recommended routes to your iPhone
- View performance statistics and real-time information
- Store favorite outdoor workout routes
- Share fitness progress with friends and family
You can interrupt your workout if you get a call and then resume the app. You can also listen to your favorite music while running the AllSport GPS app through the iPod feature on your iPhone.
Furthermore, you can analyze your workouts, upload workout plans and check out customized trips taken by others on the Trimble Outdoors website.
You can the AllSport GPS app for $9.99 through the Health & Fitness category in the Apple iPhone App Store or online through iTunes.