To have a perfect blend of the two branding strategies, the symmetry between them should go hand in hand to deliver your brand message. The two parts that I am speaking about is personal branding and business branding so that you will be able to deliver both in conjuction of one another.
Personal branding is when you have chosen a specific way to communcation details and information about yourself to the public so that they can learn about you and what you do. Business branding is the process of using logos, websites or media to communicate the message of your company to your target customers to encourage them to purchase your product or services. Blending both of these together to create one message is Blended Branding Strategy and can go together like peas in a pod.
According to the article, “The Brand Called You“, which can be found on Fastcompany.com and written by Tom Peters…
Today brands are everything, and all kinds of products and services — from accounting firms to sneaker makers to restaurants — are figuring out how to transcend the narrow boundaries of their categories and become a brand surrounded by a Tommy Hilfiger-like buzz.
As you work to develop your Blended Branding Strategy, below are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- Do your research to determine the best way to blend your two branding strategies.
- When using social media to communicate your brands, you can have two profiles or use one. Create a social media plan that will be concise.
- Use your website or blogs to blend your brands. If you have two different websites, include links between them.
- When attending offline networking events, include both brands on your handouts.
- If you enjoy being a speaker, share your blended branding during your speaking sessions.
- Have your graphic designer, have them create blended graphics to communicate your blended message.