Sometimes you need to think outside of the box to accomplish what you want. In the spirit of creativity, here are 10 tips to achieve better fitness that you may not traditionally think of.
1. Create a workout music mix to listen to while exercising. Music affects your mood and can get you ready to rock your workout.
2. Turn the temperature up. Your body responds positively to warmer temperatures for working out.
3. Take out your aggression in your exercise. Give yourself fuel using any anger you have.
4. Draw up a fitness based competition against a friend. Weight loss, weight lifting, running, whatever you want to compete for.
5. Add working out to daily chores. Run or speed walk your dogs, clean your house at super fast speed, or push mow your lawn.
6. Bike your way to possible destinations. For most of us, it’s not safe or realistic to bike everywhere, but you could take a trip to the store on the weekend using your bike.
7. Wear a weight vest. Walking around with a heavier torso will burn a few more calories and build some strength.
8. Make a TV workout. Watching TV is idle time for your body. Instead of just sitting on the couch, make a workout for commercial breaks and use the show as a rest time.
9. Spoil yourself with special workout clothes. They’ll be comfortable and give you a great excuse to get in the gym.
10. Commit yourself to trying a workout group for a month. Camaraderie does wonders for commitment.