Now that the frenzy of Black Friday is past, it’s a good time to think about how you are going to get deals for the rest of this holiday shopping season. The good news is that there are plenty of deals to be had; in fact, there will be money saving opportunities until the end of the year. No matter your holiday gift budget, you can find something to fit into it. Whether you are looking to score a good deal on a gift for someone else, or whether you are ready to get yourself something you deserve, here are 12 web sites that can help you save money by finding killer holiday deals:
Coupons and Promo Codes
The following web sites offer you access to printable coupons that you can take to the retailer in person, as well as coupon and promo codes that you can use when shopping online.
- Coupon Sherpa: Find coupons for thousands of retailers. Deals and coupons are tested to make sure that they work. Coupon Sherpa even has an iPhone app that you can use, allowing you to present your iPhone to the cashier to scan the barcode. Shipping deadlines for Christmas delivery are also offered, so that you know whether your gift will make it on time.
- RetailMeNot: This is a full-on community where you can find coupons and promo codes, as well as get money saving tips from other members. Sign up for the coupon email service, and have popular money-savers delivered to your inbox.
- CouponWinner.com: Compare different deals from up to five retailers with the Coupon Scout. You can find these coupons according to category. Another great coupon site is Coupon Shoebox.
- Alex’s Coupons: If you want to do a little good while you shop, you can get coupon codes through Alex’s Coupons. This site donates money to fight childhood cancer. Your use of these codes actually provides money for charity.
Getting the Lowest Price
If you are interested in the lowest prices on a variety of items, these web sites can help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
- PriceGrabber.com: This popular web site allows you to compare prices from several merchants at once. You can also sign up for email alerts on deals related to preferred products and brands. Read reviews as well.
- Dealio.com: Use downloadable tools to help you locate low online prices, as well as visit the web site to compare prices on different projects. You can also get coupon codes for products that you are looking for.
- Google Product Search: This used to be Froogle, but people didn’t really get it. Now, it is a little easier to make the connection. While you won’t see things like a shopping guide on the Google Product Search, you will find straightforward information and reviews. And you can even use an option to help you find products at local stores.
Instead of just looking for lower prices, you can visit sites that offer you the inside scoop on the hot deals happening right now. Visit these deal sites to scoop up something amazing today — something that might not be there tomorrow.
- CheapToday.com: See the latest deals for today, and when they expire. You can also get an idea of how big a discount you are getting. The focus, though, is mainly on apparel and accessories.
- dealnews.com: Hordes of deal hunters watch for the hottest deals on the hottest products. Like CheapToday, the deals are hand picked and updated throughout the day. You can sign up for alerts, and feel confident knowing that dealnews bans stores with poor customer service.
- DealsofAmerica: If you are into electronics, this is the place to go. Find the latest discounts on technology and gadgets, get coupon codes and get email alerts.
- Gift Card Granny: This site aggregates discounted gift cards. Gift cards go for less than their remaining balance as retailers and private parties alike try to get rid of them. Makes a great gift — or a great way for you to get more for less.
- FreeShipping.org: Save money on shipping by heading to this site for discount codes on free shipping at nearly 1,900 retailers.
Image source: Crunchbase