When it comes to winning a fantasy football championship, the running back position separates the men from the boys. If you can roll out three quality running backs on your fantasy football squad, you have a good chance to win each week. Here are our 2011 fantasy football running back rankings:
1. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
While the excitement surrounding Adrian Peterson isn’t as high as it was when he was younger, he’s still the best bet to have a great season.
2. Arian Foster, Houston Texans
After a fantastic year last season, there aren’t many reasons why he can’t do it again.
3. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs
If he gets the carries, there’s no one with a higher ceiling than Jamaal Charles.
4. Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans
Will his contract be an issue? If that answer is no, he will very likely finish in the top three of the 2011 fantasy football running back rankings.
5. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars
Last year was forgettable. This season? He’s young enough to still shine.
6. Michael Turner, Atlanta Falcons
He has a lot of wear and tear on his body but the Falcons are built around him.
7. Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
The Steelers always run the ball — which is great news for Rashard Mendenhall.
8. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
Ray Rice faltered a bit last season but the potential is certainly there for a breakthrough performance.
9. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
When Michael Vick isn’t creating chaos, LeSean McCoy is punishing defenses.
10. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers
If the Niners are to make the playoffs, it’ll be due partly to a huge year from Frank Gore.