With most Americans attending several holiday parties this season, the American Council on Exercise (ACE) provides helpful tips on how to avoid sabotaging a healthy diet and fitness regimen, while still celebrating the season.
Exercising before festivities helps prevent unwanted weight gain and fosters well-being, so try to fit in 30 minutes before getting ready for the party. If you don’t have 30 minutes to go for a brisk walk, try breaking it up into three 10-minute walks.
Additional tips to remember at holiday events from ACE:
- Bring your own healthy treat like a veggie platter
- Eat something healthy before going to the party
- Drink a glass of water with every alcoholic beverage
- Stay away from the dessert tray
- Pay close attention to portion sizes
- Avoid going back for seconds