Woolworth’s: We Are A Muslim Business Now

Posted in News
Thu, Nov 24 - 10:55 pm EST | 1 year ago by
Comments: 0
Be Sociable, Share!
    Use Arrow Keys (← →) to Browse

    A Woolworth’s branch in Germany has decided to stop selling Christmas decorations because it has now become a self-proclaimed Muslim store. The department store, whose Christmas ads were once a thing of childhood nostalgia, has desperately tried to distance itself from the branch’s statement, but the damage has been done for many shoppers.

    The store, which is located in the town of Dortmund, pulled its entire stock of Christmas-themed products from the shelves earlier this week. When asked why, manager Seda Capakcur told local media: “We are a Muslim business now. We do not want to sell Christmas articles.”

    Capakcur explained their Christmas items sold poorly last year and only took up space on the shelves, claiming that “everything remained unsold.”

    News of the Christmas ban spread quickly throughout social media, prompting concerned longtime customers to demand an explanation from Woolworth’s. Spokeswoman Diana Preisert insisted that the company itself is not Muslim and claimed that the Dortmund store made its decision based on demographics.

    Citing “local conditions,” Preisert claimed that northern Dortmund is mostly populated by Muslims who have replaced the Christian customers that used to visit Woolworth’s. City officials estimate that the neighborhoods surrounding the store are only 29.2 percent Christian, with the other 70.8 percent having other religions or no affiliations.

    Watch a vintage Woolworth’s Christmas ad below:

    Use Arrow Keys (← →) to Browse

    Be Sociable, Share!

      Related Posts

      Be Sociable, Share!