I don’t know about you, but some mornings, a little bourbon sounds pretty good to me. This recipe might seem a little wacky at first, but the more you think about it, the more you might warm up to the idea. Cereal, milk, bourbon, vanilla… can’t be bad.
I think I might just have a glass or two on Christmas morning as the kids open the presents.
Fruity Pebbles Bourbon Milk Punch
Makes 1 glass
- 1/2 cup Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- 1 Tablespoon thawed whipped topping
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Combine Fruity Pebbles and milk in a cereal bowl. Allow to sit for 30 minutes. Strain out milk and discard cereal.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the Fruity Pebbles cereal milk, bourbon and vanilla extract with 3 ice cubes, and shake until frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a double-old fashioned glass filled with ice.
Optional: Garnish with a dollop of thawed whipped topping, a dusting of nutmeg and sprinkle of cereal.