American Public Is Indifferent Toward Comey’s Firing

Posted in Politics
Mon, May 15 - 7:21 pm EDT | 2 weeks ago by
Comments: 0
Be Sociable, Share!
    Use Arrow Keys (← →) to Browse

    If you only tune in to the mainstream media and the likes of Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), you might think that the American people are just about ready to get the pitchforks out over former FBI Director James Comey’s ousting at the hands of President Donald Trump. However, a new poll has revealed that the majority of respondents simply could not care less one way or the other.

    According to a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll published on Sunday, only 38 percent of Americans oppose Trump’s termination of Comey, which was carried out after receiving a recommendation from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein after he examined Comey’s bungled handling of the Hillary Clinton email probe.

    Of the rest of those polled, 29 percent okayed Comey’s termination and 33 percent expressed that they were either indifferent or did not have enough information to form an opinion. Taken together, that means that 62 percent of Americans – a clear majority – are either positive or neutral on a matter that has been painted by the powers that be as the 2017 version of Watergate.

    Unsurprisingly, the poll showed that opinions were largely split down partisan lines, with Republican respondents supporting Trump’s decision and Democrats opposing it. A separate survey from social media pollster SocialFlow found that, despite the best efforts of Facebook’s decidedly liberal “fact checkers,” Comey’s firing did not create gain much traction on the site.

    Mainstream media insanity over Comey’s termination reached a fever pitch on Monday when MSNBC host Joe Scarborough contended: “if there are articles of impeachment ever drawn up, the first article of impeachment drawn up against Donald Trump will be the first article of impeachment drawn up against Richard Nixon, and that is obstruction of justice.”

    While some Democratic lawmakers have also piled onto the impeachment bandwagon – particularly those in solid blue districts whose constituents are hungry for radical anti-Trump behavior – their charges remain nebulous and are unlikely to gain traction in a Republican-controlled Congress.

    Use Arrow Keys (← →) to Browse

    Be Sociable, Share!

      Related Posts

      Be Sociable, Share!