The teenager who was on the other end of disgraced politician Anthony Weiner’s disturbing sexts has come forward to shed light on the illicit arrangement that would up having serious implications on the 2016 presidential election.
The teenager – whose name is being withheld because she’s a minor — is set to go on camera for the first time since the scandal broke last year in an interview that will air on Monday’s “Inside Edition,” in which the young girl from North Carolina recalled how quickly the situation escalated.
“I just sent him a nice message, ‘Hello, I’m a huge fan,’” recalled Weiner’s victim, who was just fifteen years old at the time. The former Democratic congressman responded to the Twitter direct message in “minutes,” she said.
The girl initially contacted Weiner out of curiosity after seeing that his wife, Huma Abedin, was one of Hillary Clinton’s closest confidants.
“I knew that Hillary Clinton would be running for president in the year 2016,” she said. “I wanted to see if Anthony was still up to the same antics.”
While their conversation began innocently enough, the teenager revealed that it was not long before Weiner had sent the infamous picture that showed him shirtless with his young son.
“I was disgusted” she said. “That’s part of the reason I came forward.”
Weiner, who also used the pseudonym “Carlos Danger” to carry out his perverted online trysts, repeatedly asked the teenager to undress for him via Skype.
The FBI’s investigation into the scandal between Weiner and the young girl wound up having a bizarre impact on the Clinton campaign when investigators discovered emails connected to the Democratic nominee on his computer.
That discovery was quickly followed by then-FBI director James Comey’s reopening of the investigation into Clinton’s emails, a move that Clinton herself has long blamed for costing her the election.
“I have a sickness, but I do not have an excuse,” Weiner told reporters in May. “I apologize to everyone I have hurt. I apologize to the teenage girl, whom I mistreated so badly.”
He faces a prison term of 21 to 27 months at his September 25 sentencing.