Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter Accused of Raping Teen Pop Star

Posted in Entertainment
Wed, Nov 22 - 12:44 pm EDT | 4 months ago by
Comments: 0
Be Sociable, Share!
Use Arrow Keys (← →) to Browse

Nick Carter is facing some serious sexual assault allegations right now since Melissa Schuman, formerly of the all-girl group, Dream, wrote a post on her blog about the incident.

Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys

Ollie Millington/Redferns

Schuman claims that, when she was 18 and 22, the pair were working on a movie together when they were given a day off. Carter allegedly invited her over to his house where, she says, things didn’t go well.

Now 33, Schuman alleges that, despite telling the Backstreet Boys performer that she was a virgin and was waiting for marriage, he forced himself on her. He says the encounter was consensual.

On her blog, Schuman wrote that, after they had been kissing in the bathroom, he pushed oral sex on her and then, “he threw me on the bed and climbed on top of me. Again, I told him that I was a virgin and I didn’t want to have sex. I told him that I was saving myself for my future husband. I said it over and over again. He whispered in my ear as to entice me, ‘I could be your husband.’ He was relentless, refusing to take my no’s for an answer. He was heavy, too heavy to get out from under him. Then I felt it, he put something inside of me. I asked him what it was and he whispered in my ear once more, ‘It’s all me baby.’”

The 37-year-old singer has responded to this account by saying: “I am shocked and saddened by Ms. Schuman’s accusations. Melissa never expressed to me while we were together or at any time since that anything we did was not consensual. We went on to record a song and perform together, and I was always respectful and supportive of Melissa both personally and professionally. This is the first that I am hearing about these accusations, nearly two decades later. It is contrary to my nature and everything I hold dear to intentionally cause someone discomfort or harm.”

Schuman says that, after the incident, she “quickly lost interest in pursuing a career as a recording artist” and added, “I was broken. I was tired. I was traumatized.”

On Twitter, she thanked her followers for their support on Monday and wrote: “I love you all. Thank you for aiding me in the healing that I so desperately needed. I am free now.”

Use Arrow Keys (← →) to Browse

Be Sociable, Share!

Related Posts

Be Sociable, Share!