If you were hoping to see the final season of Game of Thrones sometime this year, you’re out of luck. HBO has confirmed that the eight season of the hit show won’t be televised until sometime in 2019. Ugh.
Of course, there has never been a bigger collection of cliffhangers for fans of this show. What do we want to know?
- How will Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen react to learning that they are nephew and aunt?
- After all that fertility talk, is she pregnant?
- What will everyone think of that ice breathing dragon?
- Will Jamie turn on Cersei (and is she even pregnant)?
- How is this all going to end????
Unfortunately, we are in for a long wait. Since it seems like production will continue well into 2018, they will need considerable time to finalize the editing of feature-length episodes. If last season is any indication of what’s to come, it might be worth the wait.