This is a little outside of the normal electronics that I would introduce and review but I figured I’d give it a shot anyway. After all, it is electronic to an extent.
There are many body grooming shavers out there and a lot of them are really good. The Braun BodyCruzer is a bit different though because it also uses a Gillette Fusion razor cartridge. Some body groomers use a screen type electric razor after the trimmer, but this one takes it in a different direction with the Fusion blade smoothing things out afterward.
The Bodycruzer can work three ways; first you have the trimmer that can be used as a stand alone trimmer with three different trimming guards that are included. The trimmer [alone] works best for trimming longer hairs down. Use the trimmer with the Gillette Fusion by sliding the razor up and you can use the trimmer in conjunction with the razor to trim growing hair from a previous trim and the Fusion smooths things out right behind it, taking car of any short stubble left behind. You can also use the razor as a stand alone razor for cleaning up hair that’s been growing after a few days without trimming. You could even use the razor on your face without turning on the trimmer.
The Braun Bodycruzer comes with a charger as well as a hanger for leaving the BodycruZer in the shower. The charger obviously does not get left of even placed in the shower. Don’t be stupid. It also comes with a nice little pouch for travel and whatnot. With the basics of the BodyCruzer, let me run down some pros and cons.
- Wet or dry, you can use it in the shower.
- The Gillette Fusion razor works pretty well in conjunction with the trimmer.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Rechargeable so you don’t have to worry about buying batteries.
- Trimmer works very well and doesn’t bind up with long hair when used dry. Always trim long hair down while dry and before using the trimmer in the shower.
- The Gillette Fusion cartridge. While this is a very cool feature, the Fusion blades are expensive enough. If you use this often and have to buy blades for this and your face, you may end up spending quite a bit of money over a years time.
- The battery seems like it has a short use life before needing a recharge. 50 minutes before an indicator tells you it’s time to recharge.
- The price in my opinion is a bit high for something as simple as this. (around $65.00)
- Unlike other body groomers this one is NOT “shaft, sack and starfish” safe. Not with the Fusion razor on it anyway. I suppose you could be very careful, but those are sensitive areas for something with 6 razor blades.
Overall, the BodycruZer is a good man-scaping product. Like most body groomers it’s all about your use and practicality. Some have features that you don’t need while others have ones that you do need.
You can learn more about the Braun BodycruZer at Braun.com.
Image source: Braunresource.com