5 Tips For Better Running
Try these tips to improve your running speed and form.
- Run symmetrically. If you run favoring one side, you’ll slow down and eventually suffer a muscle imbalance. You can practice this by running on a treadmill in front of a mirror.
- Breathe correctly. Use a rhythmic pattern, breathing from your diaphragm and stay controlled in your exhale.
- Run upright. Many runners slouch because their core is weak. With a strong core, you’ll run more efficiently/ waste less energy.
- Don’t flex. By relaxing the tension out of your muscles, running will come freer and easier.
- Run as quietly as possible. If you hear a thud when your foot stomps the floor, you can run faster. Switch from a loud runner to a soft runner with shorter, quicker strides.
YouTube running tips: