How Many Calories are You Burning?
Everything you do burns calories – even sleeping – but what gets you the most bang for your buck? In general, the activities that get you moving the most burn the most calories. Still, you might be surprised at how many calories you burn for things such as sleeping or card playing.
Here is a list of a wide range of activities and the calories they burn:
- Sleeping – 90 calories per hour
- Card Playing – 114 calories per hour
- Running (at a high speed) – 1280 calories per hour
- Recreational Basketball – 450 calories per hour
- Walking (3mph) – 320 calories per hour
- Golf – 324 calories per hour
- Jogging – 920 calories per hour
For a list of other activities and how much calories are burned for each, read QualityHealth.com and the PrisonTalk.com forums.
These calories are based on the average person and will differ according to your body weight and intensity.