New Fabolous Album “Loso’s Way”
Fabolous first burst onto the scene with his single “Can’t Deny It” from his 2001 debut album Ghetto Fabolous. Since then he’s released three albums with his fifth, Lobo’s Way (it’s supposed to be loosely based on the film, Carlito’s Way), coming out tomorrow.
The album sounds deeply personal from what I’ve heard and I’m not surprised. Since his last album came out in 2007, he’s had some major events happen in his life.
On November 22, 2007, his childhood friend, Shamel McKinney, was stabbed to death inside of a New York nightclub. He and his long-time girlfriend became parents (to a son) in February, 2008 and then on February 24, 2009 Arkansas police seized 500 pounds of marijuana from his tour bus as it returned from the NBA All-Star Game.
He hasn’t been charged in connection with the incident (he wasn’t in the bus at the time) but it’s still stressful. I’m not surprised that he had something to say when he finally returned to the studio to lay down some new tracks.
The first two singles “Throw It in the Bag” featuring The-Dream and “My Time” featuring Jeremih, were released simultaneously on May 26, 2009 but he put out a remix of “Throw it in the Bag” featuring Drake last week.
Here’s the track listing:
- “The Way “Intro”
- “My Time” (Feat. Jeremih)
- “Imma Do It” (Feat. Kobe)
- “Feel Like I’m Back”
- “Everything, Everyday, Everywhere” (Feat. Keri Hilson)
- “Throw It in the Bag” (Feat. The-Dream)
- “Money Goes, Honey Stay (When the Money Goes Remix)” (Feat. Jay-Z)
- “Salute” (Feat. Lil Wayne)
- “There He Go” (Feat. Paul Cain, Red Cafe & Freck Billionaire)
- “The Fabolous Life” (Feat. Ryan Leslie)
- “Makin’ Love” (Feat. Ne-Yo)
- “Last Time” (Feat. Trey Songz)
- “Stay” (Feat. Marsha Ambrosius)
- “I Miss My Love”