Who wants to see a pregnant Sim in action? How about a Sim playing video games and a kid fishing?
It’s all in the new Sims 3 video that was posted today and I’ve got to say that I’m more excited about this game than I was even last week.
Maybe it’s the fact that I know the end is near and before long I will have my adorably cute hands on the game and will be able to pawn the kids off on Tucker and immerse myself in the game? Who knows? And does anyone know why almost every sentence in this is a question?
I know for a fact that there are still Zelda fans out there.
Zelda is one of those games that will live forever and if/when it dies, people will still talk about it.
Because of this well known fact, I bring you Princess Zelda-Sim style.
This is a Sim that is all inclusive. No worrying about downloading meshes from some other website. Just make sure that you have your settings turned up high enough so that her ears show up correctly.
Click here to download Princess Zelda.
Since I’ve been offline for a while, everything that has happened in the past couple of weeks is new/news to me and hopefully you haven’t seen this video.
It’s another “Spotlight on The Sims 3 Player” featuring Baconandeggzie and it shows a bit of the movie making tool from the video that I posted a couple of weeks ago.
Anyway, on to the video.
As Kori let you guys know, I’ve been moving and without internet. *gasp! shock!*
One thing that you have to do when you move is you have to forward your mail. I’m scared to death of stuff getting left behind in a mail box that we don’t own any longer so I go through and try to manually change all of the addresses on magazines and such.
One thing that I was adamant about changing was the shipping address for the pre-order of my Sims 3 game.
I contacted customer service and asked that they change things over to our new address. It was then that I ran into an annoying and major road block. It wasn’t that EA’s customer service was bad-quite the opposite. Every person I dealt with was very helpful and nice.
However, they weren’t able to change the mailing address.
Instead, my cash is in the process of being refunded to me and I have to re-pre-order my Sims 3 game. This means that I don’t get the Prima Guide w/my pre-order. If I’m lucky, I’ll still be able to get the Sims 3 Collector’s Edition assuming it hasn’t sold out.
The whole thing annoys me and though I’m glad to know that my copy of Sims 3 won’t be in the hands of whoever inhabits my old apartment, that’s cold comfort since I can’t get what I originally ordered.
Electronic Arts’ Sims studio announced that The Sims 3 (the latest installment in The Sims series) has reached gold status. It is scheduled for distribution in stores and online beginning on June 2, 2009 for $49.99 for Mac, PC, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Fans will also be able to buy The Sims 3 Collector’s Edition for $69.99. This special edition includes the full game, a strategy guide, a collectable 2GB The Sims Plumbob USB drive, and in-game European sports car for your Sims to use.
In The Sims 3, you have more options than ever before to create and play with unique, life-like Sims. Customize your Sims’ appearances and choose up to five traits to create individual personalities. New goal-oriented game-play enables you to choose which short or long-term objectives you want your Sims to pursue. You can choose to make them happy or not! You can also create and edit your own movies by capturing game-play moments or selecting from a library of clips. Then join The Sims 3 online community where you can show off all your creations, get free bonus content, hear the latest news and more!
The game is rated T for Teen. To learn more about The Sims 3, head to TheSims3.com.
Guest post by Kori Ellis
The Sims 3 Screenshots - IGN.com
Sims Gamer blogger, Amy Tucker is moving right now. So, I’m filling in for her for a couple days. In honor of Amy’s move to her new house , I bring to you these videos of different types of homes in Sims 2. Check out these Sims 2 houses:
Guest post by Kori Ellis
By Guest Blogger Rico Mossesgeld, The Gadget Blog
The Sims franchise is going strong at over a million copies sold worldwide, a figure no doubt driven by the release of Sims 2 and all those expansion packs. According to Mike Hickey, an analyst at Janco Partners, The Sims 3 will add at least 4 million more to that tally in 2009.
The basis for the estimate? Well it seems that since The Sims 2 sold 3.5 mil back in 2004 (has it been that long?), the anticipation will probably drive more demand for the third incarnation of the series.
Hickey did emphasize “a demographic transition toward newer entertainment forms like Nintendo’s Wii and DS”. Which is layman’s speak for “these consoles may probably affect sales of the game, it’s not clear how though”. The analyst also raised the spectre of piracy hurting the games sales, while remaining mum on the effects of EAs planned digital distribution system.
As someone who’s never bought any Sims title for himself, I’m glad that I was always behind the curve. Buying all those compilations—which bundle a large number of Sims expansion packs into one manageable price—has always been kind on my wallet. I expect to buy a Sims “Gold Edition” release, once EA declares The Sims 4 as coming soon.
I like custom building materials.
You can only use the default Sims 2 building things before you get bored and notice that you’re making the same house-over and over and over. Surely I’m not the only one who does that?
Adele has made some awesome industrial building elements that should spice up your buildings. Like all good things, a little goes a long way.
EA released a press release yesterday that details the cool stuff that’s coming up as far as online content is concerned.
From the release:
- The Sims 3 Store: Included with purchase of the game is $10 worth of SimPoints, which players receive when they first register their game online at TheSims3.com. They can use their SimPoints towards downloading exclusive in-game items from The Sims 3 Store to customize their game. For additional items, players can purchase bundles of 500, 1000 and 2000 SimPoints in $USD, EUR, GBP and other major international currencies using a variety of payment methods including international and national credit cards, PayPal, and EA cash cards (in North America only). Whether it’s the must-have new outfit or the latest style of plaid furniture, players have the opportunity to further customize and populate their Sims world with additional items.
- Game Launcher: The Game Launcher is the key entry point for players into TheSims3.com community. This hub page connects players to both the Store and the Exchange, and provides them with news and information about game updates. Players can keep track of their downloads, uploads, installs, game updates and their media portfolio that includes the videos and photos they can capture while playing the game. The Game Launcher also alerts players to new content in the store, localized game and store promotions along with relevant updates to the Store and cool new content from the community.
- TheSims3.com Site: With the launch of the game on June 2, the marketing website at TheSims3.com will be replaced with the full community and product site for the game. The site will not only connect players, encourage new ways to be creative in the game, and offer personally relevant information for each user, it also will serve as the hub site where players can share their content with other members, and embed them on social networking sites and blogs.
Key Site Features:
- The Exchange: Building off of The Sims 2 Exchange’s success of more than 100M downloads, The Sims 3 Exchange highlights featured items, most popular downloads, powerful search and browse capabilities, along with giving players the ability to see what other players are recommending.
- Create a Movie and Create a Story: New easily accessible tools inspire creativity and allow players to create movies and stories and then show them off or share them with friends. Players can show off their Movies with the Create a Movie Tool by embedding them on external sites or with an email link back to their Movie on TheSims3.com.
- My Page and My Studio: The Sims 3 product site will allow players to maintain their profile pages on their My Page section as well as offering them the new My Studio section to manage all their creations - Movies, Stories, Exchange objects. My Page is also a blog space where players can post news, customize it with a personal avatar, track favorites and more. Users can make friends with other The Sims 3 players and share their content across a number of social network sites.
I’m a big fan of House. I’ve watched just about every episode since the series premier back in 2004.
Gregory House is a maddening but awesome character and the addition of “Thirteen” only made the series even more interesting. As you might have guessed, I’ve found House’s Thirteen in Sim form and she’s a pretty good likeness.
There is tons of custom content included with this download including the skin tone, teeth and eyes.
Solid Sim that would make a great addition to any game.