Lost contacts after Nokia N95 firmware upgrade
I decided to upgrade my New Nokia N95 to the new 20.0.015 firmware upgrade process yesterday Monday. What a mess it made. I forgot to save the contacts and now all the SMS are gone! The default Nokia syncing software (Nokia PC Suite) does not save contacts and SMS at the Backup option. So you have to choose Contacts to save it.
In case you are wondering what screenshots will come out, here’s the whole deal below:
1. Plug your Nokia to the USB cable connected to your PC or laptop. Make sure the phone is fully charged, if not it will die and become an expensive paper weight. Run the Nokia Software Updater and it will check the current and updated firmware version.
2. Download the 116.2MB firmware file and go for a job or watch tv. This will take some time. The whole download took about 45 mins on my laptop.
3. Once the download completes, the update process begins. This takes about 10 mins.
4.Once your Nokia update finishes, your PC or laptop will detect some new hardware and install a few new files.
5. One of the new files that is installed on the PC or laptop is the Nokia BB5 ADL Loader USB Generic. It looks unsigned but I installed it and the AVG antivirus did not detect any anomalies.
6. Voila ! - My Nokia N95 gets the new 20.0.015 firmware. Camera shots are faster (the show the word Processing Image), and the Lifeblog app is now dumped into th Applications/Media folder. Weird.